Formal Education Requirements
- Associates Degree in Business or closely related field. Candidates with equivalent combination of education/work experience will also be considered.
- Preferred familiarity with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software.
Formal Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3-years professional administrative experience in a non-profit fundraising environment. Strong preference given to candidates with database management experience in Raiser’s Edge.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills (written/verbal) to interact with internal management and staff at all levels, as well as patrons and donors.
- Working knowledge of fundraising ‘best practices’/logistics and terminology to communicate effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail coupled with ability to make quick decisions, take initiative and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Active learning and listening skills to understand implication of new information for current/future problem solving and decision making as well asking questions as appropriate.
- Selective attention to concentrate on a task without being distracted.
- Perceptual speed to quickly and accurately compare similarities/differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures or patterns.
- Proficiency in various computer applications, including Microsoft Suite, SharePoint/One Drive and Fundraising/Client Management Software (e.g. Raiser’s Edge).
Working Conditions and Environmental Hazards
- Normal levels of office noise from conversation, computers and systems. Risk of eye strain due to heavy computer usage. Employee should seek to change visual focus every twenty minutes to alleviate potential discomfort.
- Primarily sedentary work with approximately 95% of work performed sitting at a desk and using substantial/repetitive motion of fingers, wrists and hands (including grasping).
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing and walking when organizing office, filing paperwork and managing daily administrative tasks using resources at floor/desk/overhead levels.
- Visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
- Executive, Senior and Management Teams at Chautauqua Institution
- Board of Trustees of Chautauqua Institution
- Board of Directors of Chautauqua Foundation
- Donors and Prospective Donors
- Chautauqua and Western New York Communities
- Guests and Visitors to Chautauqua Institution
- Vendors and Suppliers
Hours of Work
- The work schedule requires an average commitment of 37.5-hours/week with flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required and willingness to flex up in scheduled work hours (based on business need) – particularly during summer seasonal operations.