- Contribute to and manage team in alignment with direction initiated by the Hotel General Manager and strategic plan of Chautauqua Institution and Chautauqua Hotel Company:
Executive Housekeeper and support team, including: Supervisors, Room Inspectors and Housekeeping Staff.
Laundry Manager and support team, including: Supervisors, Laundry Staff and Runners.
Front Desk Team which includes Front Desk Attendants, Reservationists, Night Auditors, Bellstaff and Concierges.
Hotel Maintenance and Hotel Security
Administrative Assistant for Hotel Operations (including Food & Beverage)
- Communicate routine and specific performance feedback as well as hold management and corresponding teams accountable to goals and standards. Adhere to established work processes and systems to maximize individual and collaborative performance.
- Support Hotel General Manager in development of organizational talent by communicating consistent learning/development opportunities, identifying necessary resources to strengthen team and envision a succession plan for future openings.
- Create a synergistic team environment that consistently delivers positive results. Participate in systemic training and career progression programs to support successful operations.
- Communicate regularly with the Hotel General Manager and build rapport with employees by ensuring leadership actions are consistent and fair. Foster an environment that rewards open communication, integration of management in daily operations and encourages management be available to employees for advisement (open door policy). Publicly celebrate individual and team success to maximize employee engagement.
Daily Operations and Business Strategy
- Support total operations function of the Athenaeum Hotel Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Building Maintenance, Hotel Security and Administrative. Contribute information/analysis, assign responsibilities and make recommendations for strategic initiatives.
- Lodging Manager will be primarily stationed at Front Desk and function as working leadership for daily front desk operations, including guest relations, reservations, night audit, daily financial reporting, handling of cash and credit card processing, staff and staff schedules.
- Communicate with Hotel General Manager regarding trends and variances that will impact customer satisfaction and competitive market. Maximize revenue through participation in established sales practices, demand forecasting and yield management programs.
- Execute on hotel business plan/approved budget and hold support teams accountable for successful delivery on strategic initiatives. Partner with Hotel General Manager to contribute evaluation of success of strategies to inform future plans/enhancements and determine impact on operations.
- Maintain positive working relationships with interconnected departments (Heirloom Restaurants/Special Events) and collaborate on premiere guest service inside total hotel experience.
- Partner with Hotel General Manager to obtain and communicate information regarding summer operations and programming to act as a ‘bridge’ to overall guest experience at the Institution.
- Act as leader and training resource for Property Management Systems, including: system updates, troubleshooting/interactions with internal and external Help Desk, risk mitigation and data recovery.
- Adhere to established pricing strategies to balance seasonality, economy, customer segments, property objectives and guest satisfaction.
- Contribute information to annual operating budgets/financial reports and provide input on capital expenditures. Manage costs versus budget and identify inconsistencies in daily operations, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Coach management to maintain profit margins without compromising guest satisfaction by effectively controlling labor costs and other expenses. Establish appropriate inventory guidelines to support forecasted activities without experiencing over/under stocking.
- Demonstrate routine care and vigilance to assure pleasing hotel aesthetic and welcoming environment for guests, which includes capturing guest feedback regarding hotel/amenities and providing direction to/tracking completion of housekeeping and maintenance requests.
- Develop and implement training program for Front Desk and Reservations Teams to enhance service and function as a gateway to the guest experience and ‘Chain of Excellence’ Service Strategy. Implement standardized best practices and processes/procedures to constantly improve quality, team productivity and guest service standards.
- Communicate clear and distinctive message regarding ‘Chain of Excellence’ Service Strategy and acts as a passionate advocate/role model that demonstrates exceptional work ethic and inspires achievement of operational excellence.
- Maintain high visibility in areas of responsibility and interface with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction. Take ownership for guest complaints while empowering team resolve issues.
- Communicate daily with team leaders to provide/obtain information and conduct routine inspection of related operations. Attend regular meetings to develop creative solutions to continually improve and overcome obstacles in hotel operations.
- Partner with Hotel General Manager and interworking departments within Chautauqua Institution/Chautauqua Hotel Company to obtain and communicate information regarding summer operations and programming to act as a ‘bridge’ to overall guest experience at the Institution.
Human Resources & Legal Compliance
- Partner with Hotel General Manager and Human Resources to direct the hiring process, including: review of applications, conducting interviews and completing corresponding paperwork.
- Conduct routine coaching, annual performance appraisals, corrective counseling and terminations.
- Monitor and/or complete timely authorization of hours worked for payroll processing. Audit areas of responsibility to guarantee compliance with Federal and New York State Labor Laws, Company Policies/Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and Guest Service Standards.
- Responsible Public Health/Safety, including but not limited to: Occupational Health & Safety Act (OSHA) Regulations, Blood Borne Pathogen (BBP) and Hazard Communication Procedures/Safety Data Sheets, Fire/Evacuation Procedures, Employee/Guest Injury Documentation and Worker’s Compensation.