The Police Officer provides community police services and duties for this private, gated community of homes, venues, businesses and the Chautauqua Institution.
1) Provide a preventive role by making presence felt in the community;
2) Provide a sense of security to citizens, to deter crimes, and to offer support and information when necessary;
3) Might be called into volatile situations, such as disputes, or hostile and tense atmospheres;
4) Patrol the grounds;
5) General police services.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must possess at least an Associates Degree from an accredited university in NY State.
- Successful completion of NY State Bureau of Municipal Police Training Academy
- Excellent community policing relations skills